To keep a customer “sticky” to our bank, we were told to sell three to five products to a customer. Statistically, this was the right number of products that had been shown to make it harder for a customer to leave the bank. Additionally, customers were more likely to buy other products from the bank and thus mitigate attrition possibilities. Recent data continues to support this strategy:
* According to the XM Institute, loyal customers are five times as likely to repurchase, five times as likely to forgive, four times as likely to refer and seven times as likely to try a new offering. Additionally, increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits by between 25% to 95%.
- 根据XM Institute的数据，忠诚的客户再购买的可能性达五倍之高，原谅的可能性为五倍，转介的可能性为四倍，尝试新产品的可能性为七倍。此外，客户保留率提高5%后可以令利润提高25%至95%。
* According to the CallMiner Churn Index 2020, US companies lose 6.8 billion per year due to avoidable consumer switching.
- 根据CallMiner Churn Index 2020的数据， 由于消费者跳槽每年的损失达1368亿美元，美国公司可以避免这个损失。
_Technology and customer relationship transparency_
New technologies have enabled organizations to gain a complete picture of human and non-human interactions, driving an improved understanding of customers (customer relationship transparency). The customer insights that organizations can glean, via technology versus human interactions, have continued to increase customer relationship transparency. Resulting transparency arms sales operations and reps with greater insights. These insights equip sales operations teams with the data and information needed to automate administrative activities, like when a rep sends an email to a client. This also allows sales reps to focus their attention on the human interactions of the sales cycle, thus differentiating themselves, their organisation, and their solutions.
So, the question becomes, how can we use technology to increase customer value and retention?
* **Leverage customer survey insights.** By automatically deploying customer surveys like Net Promoter Score and other loyalty surveys, sales operations can analyze the results and correlate scores with the likelihood to buy additional products or determine the right time to ask for a referral. Equipped with this knowledge, automated prompts can be sent to sales reps to notify them that the timing is right to act.
- 利用客户调查的洞察力：销售运营可以进行自动部署客户调查（例如Net Promoter Score和其他忠诚度调查工具），再分析得到的结果得出分数与购买其他产品的可能性的相关性，或是确定合适的时间向客户提转介的事。而具备了这些资料后，还可以自动向销售代理发出提示，通知他们采取行动的正确时机。
* **Increase retention through adoption/utilization analysis.** By leveraging AI, sales operations can set thresholds regarding low, medium, and high adoption or utilization rates. These rates can then be associated with retention/attrition rates. Alerts can be automatically pushed out to sales reps to alert them of these rates so that reps can take the appropriate actions (e.g., create engagement, renewal, retention plans).
* **Increase customer lifetime value.** By leveraging technology to analyze how long a customer has been a client, how many products they’ve purchased and what their annual year-over year spend is, insights can be quantified, and organizational value assigned. These thresholds can then be correlated with certain sales activities to drive retention or growth strategies by the sales rep.
When sales operations understand and leverage technology to improve customer insights from both the human and non-human interactions within the sales cycle, the overall lifetime value of the customer increases through better customer relationship transparency.